Sunday, June 07, 2009

Gifts

I have mixed feelings about receiving and giving gifts. First of all, I am really bad at picking out gifts for other people, and it is often stressful for me. Secondly, a gift that you never wanted can be quite a burden.

On the other hand, there are so many things that I have received that I did not realize I wanted until they were given to me, or things that I wanted but not enough to pay for them myself.

My parents-in-law gave us an electric kettle, an iron tea pot, and a calphalon wok. They are now some of my favorite items in the kitchen.

Erinne's friend gave us a baby toy that plays music. It has been surprisingly effective at putting Dorie to sleep (the baby that Erinne watches).

My manager at Galois insisted on getting us a KitchenAid mixer as a wedding present. We never would have shelled out the cash to by this for ourselves, because we never realized how valuable it is.

There are of course many other things, but these are the ones that stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment